My CPR Coach - Download the compliance check
and subscribe to our training program.
Ask the manufacturers for the DoP of the cables you are about to source and check the label. It is your responsibility to fully transfer these documentations to your customers. It is your role to make sure only full compliant products are sold into the market: check it out using the “path” below
Ask your distributors for the DoP and make sure the products include the correct labels. You are entitled to do so. And, if the distributor is unable to provide them in the form defined by the regulation, there might be problems with the product itself: watch out!
@Installers / Electricians:
Make sure your contractor/distributor sourced full compliant cables you are about to install. Your alert and active role is fundamental for the market
Use the following reference to check the label/document of the cable(s) you buy.
HOW TO CHECK
Do the following steps to check the Declaration of Performance (DoP) and product label.
Verify the presence of all information as listed below
Verify that each information is valid and true
|#||Information||Example||DoP||Label||How to check?|
|1||DoP number||1004253||✓||✓||Use the "DoP finder" in the manufacturer's website|
|2||Code of the product||12345||✓||✓||The identification must be unique|
|3||Intended use of the product||Cables for general applications in construction...||✓||✓||Sentence to be used only as intended in the Regulation: "cable for general application in construction works subject to reaction to fire requirements"|
|4||Manufacturer/Importer||Name of the cable producer||✓||✓||Name/logo of the manufacturer/importer and the full address. Check actual manufacturer is identified correctly and not just a marketing brand.|
|5||Authorised representative||Name of natural or legal person, in case it is appointed. This field can be blank.||✓||Any natural or legal person established within the EU who has received a written mandate from a manufacturer to act on his behalf in relation to specified tasks.|
|6||Type of AVCP system||AVCP 1+ or AVCP 3||✓||Only 2 options can be used: AVCP 1+ or AVCP 3|
|7||Technical specification applied||EN 50575-2014 ....||✓||✓||Dated reference to the harmonised technical specification applied|
|8||Notified body number||1234||✓||✓||Search the number in the official list of certified labs Search|
|9||Declared class of performance||B2ca-s1b, d1, a1||✓||✓||Sub-classes (s, d, a) need to be stated for B2ca, Cca, Dca, not needed for Aca, Eca, Fca|
|10||Presence of CE marking||CE||✓||The CE mark is proof of conformity with the respective EU directives: it is a legal mark and not a seal of quality|
|10A||Last two digits of the year||19||✓||✓||4 digits or last 2 digits of the year in which it was first affixed; any date before 16 is not correct|
✓ = mandatory (if not present = not required)
WARNINGS & POINTS OF ATTENTION
- The two mandatory accompanying documents related to CPR are the Declaration of Performance (DoP) and the Label
- All the elements described above must be present in the Declaration of Performance/on the Label and report all the intended information
- The CE label shall be affixed visibly, legibly and indelibly to the reels, coils or drums of the cables.
- DoP and CPR documents must be easily accessible; this documentation is intended to be accessible and stored for 10 years (art. 5)
- DoP is not a test report issued by a certified lab, but an official document issued by the manufacturer with a comprehensive list of mandatory information to make informed decisions and trace back all relevant data. DoP shall be translated into the languages where the product is sold.
- CPR regulation assigns specific responsibilities for all involved stakeholders
Do you need support in checking the CPR related documentations? Please fill in the form and your request will be sent to your local National Association and/or to EUROPACABLE.
EXAMPLE OF COMPLIANT LABEL
1. CE logo
2. Notified body registration number
3. Code indicating how this product behaves in fire
4. Manufacturer address and contact details
5. Declaration of performance reference number and website for more details
6. Cable standard applied, indicating test required to assess reaction to fire.
7. Product desription
8. Product code
9. Product description
10. What's in the box
11. This is the notified body who tested the product in the UK. The vertical number shown to the right of the CE mark correspondes with this.
EXAMPLE OF NON-COMPLIANT LABEL
1. Missing notified body name/number
2. Missing sub-class details
3. Sentence used not in accordance to the Regulation